1 Cakes & Louie: Favorites

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Favorites

I used to start my mornings off by showering in a rush, and then sitting in front of the computer going through my favorite blogs "while my hair dries" (read: the excuse I gave Dan when he tried to tell me to get a move on). I eventually learned that he was right, and I didn't (and don't) wake up nearly early enough in the mornings to putz around reading and looking at pretty pictures, so instead I now usually check out my daily reads while I eat breakfast at my desk before kicking the work day off, unless of course I'm drowning in work from the second I walk through the door. So, for anyone wondering, here's a list of some of my daily reads -

Live Creating Yourself - I don't remember how I stumbled on Alaina's blog ages ago, but I sure am glad I did! She's a fellow Chicago girl that loves chevron, a good deal, West Elm and her dogs. Match made in blog heaven.

A Lightly Charmed Life - I worked with Brooke for a couple of years before she moved on to a larger agency, and I was thrilled when I found out she was starting a blog. I especially love her book recommendations!

The Daybook - Ugh. I want all of Sydney's clothes. And her hair. And her confidence to wear whatever the heck she wants. And, I love that she's super open about her faith and doesn't hold back from sharing it. Awesome.

Subtle Revelry - I just found this one less than a week ago and I'm totally hooked. So. Many. DIY. Projects. And an online magazine. I'm in love!

Breakfast at Toast - Danielle is a good friend of Alaina's (mentioned above), so I found her blog recently when Alaina linked to it and was immediately certain that I would follow along for good. I have a dream that one day her little rescue pup and mine will be BFF's as Louie tends to adore little bitty guys like Danielle's.

Young House Love - I don't like to admit it, but I am severely jealous of John & Sherry and the fact that they started a blog about their fixer-upper house (sound familiar?) and have since then turned it into a full time job for BOTH of them and are currently working on a book. Regardless of the fact that I want their life, I absolutely adore them and all of their DIY projects.

Under the Sycamore - I'm not a mom yet, but I hope that when I am, I become just like Ashley. This women adores her 4 cute kids more than anyone I have ever seen, and she's another blogger that's open about her faith life and I love that. She's insanely crafty and is an insanely talented photographer, and her stories are always uplifting and have a positive message, which is so awesome to read on a daily basis!

There are plenty of other blogs that I check in on once in awhile, but the ones above are my top faves. Which blogs do you absolutely have to read daily?

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! I am so flattered :) Thank you. And congrats on being involved in Everygirl--your pic is adorable and that is so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete