1 Cakes & Louie: Love

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! Today marks 5 and a half wonderful years since the day I finally admitted to myself what everyone else in my life already knew - Dan was (and is) the perfect guy for me. While we don't plan to continue celebrating our "dateaversary" now that we have a wedding anniversary, I think I'll always love that Valentine's Day was our "half year" mark every year before we got married.

We've never really made a huge deal about the holiday, but always use it as an excuse to go out to dinner together, and usually exchange cards. This year, I was extra excited because I got to buy a card for my husband. So crazy that we are officially husband and wife.

(Source unknown thanks to a bad Pinterest link. Sorry.)

Tonight, we're actually celebrating with two other people that I love dearly - my sister, and Bridget. We're planning to make something a little fancy for dinner at home, and I can't wait. I'm leaning towards Truffled Lobster Risotto (seriously amazing), which I made once ages ago for Dan and I and STILL crave to this day.

I hope everyone has a day filled with loving on the people who mean the most to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment