1 Cakes & Louie: Manic Monday

Monday, March 5, 2012

Manic Monday

One of the best 80's sing-along songs ever (in my humble opinion) - The Bangles' Manic Monday - came on this morning in the car and while I think Dan was both embarrassed and amused by my rocking out, I found it to be just what I needed for a Monday morning. Paired with a whole wheat english muffin with an egg and avocado, I think the week is off to a good start.

I spent the weekend in a bit of a blur thanks to a headache that has come and gone for about a week now. Besides laying low Friday night, I did a pretty good job of not letting it hold me down, and spent Saturday running errands with the husband. Sunday morning was my first Everygirl photoshoot with Danielle, and it was a blast! It was so awesome to see her in her element, and I was sure to pay close attention to the different angles she was shooting at in an effort to learn a little something.

Bridget and I made use of an open afternoon with some lunch and a little shopping where I proudly picked up a slew of bright colors to add to my spring wardrobe. Everything I bought was on clearance at Old Navy and we had additional 30% off coupons, making my little shopping spree easy on the wallet.


Did you do anything fun this weekend? Have you ever danced and sang along to Manic Monday in the car? I hope nobody else saw me...

1 comment: