1 Cakes & Louie: Roundup: Chevron

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roundup: Chevron

While I'm well aware that the chevron trend has been around for awhile, I'm also aware that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. As a pattern that's easy to incorporate into almost any style and makes a bold statement whether it's a small accent piece or something larger like a rug or duvet, I'm smitten and it's safe to assume I'm not the only one.

Now anyone that knows me knows that I'm a bit of a cheapskate (and proud of it!), so while some of the chevron collections I've seen include things like a $300 Jonathan Adler throw blanket, that's not what I'm going for with my roundup. These are all low-budget friendly pieces, with the exception of one that's a bit of a splurge -


1. Z Gallerie's Zig Zag Jewelry Box - while this is meant for a dresser, I'm thinking it would look equally classic on a console or coffee table. ($27.95)

2. I've seen a ton of chevron pillows around the web, but this pair from Amazon is by far the best bang for your buck, and available in a few colors. ($32.99)

3. You'll have to search your local Target stores for it, but I couldn't resist posting this gold and white lampshade considering I have it myself and LOVE it. There is no base included with the shade but with Target's prices even if you have to buy both pieces it's still super affordable. I paired mine with an $8 solid white base I found on clearance. ($19.99, in store only)

4. There's a TON of chevron on Etsy, and I love these fabric bins, also available in other colors! ($18.00)

5. The one sorta splurge on here - West Elm's Zigzag Floor Pouf, which I have been wishing would go on sale since the day I saw it. ($249.00)

6. Another Target find, these melamine dishes are unbreakable (perfect), colorful (more perfect), and ridiculously cheap (and on sale - even more perfect). Even if you just grab a couple of the tumbler cups or a tray, these would make a statement. (prices vary - I saw many of these on major clearance in stores last week!)

7. Finally, this rug from Urban Outfitters, available in 7 colors. It looks like several colors/sizes are on back order, but there's still a few available and I loved it too much not to include it. If I had any reason to buy a rug right now, I'd jump on the gray 5x7 in a heartbeat. (5x7 - $74.00)

Do you have any chevron in your home? Are you over this trendy pattern or still on the bandwagon?

No comments:

Post a Comment