1 Cakes & Louie: Refresh

Monday, June 11, 2012

Refresh

How was your weekend? As usual, mine felt way too short, but that doesn't mean we didn't manage to pack a ton of fun into it!


We kicked off the weekend Friday evening with a surprise going away party for the huz, which I planned with the help of one of his coworkers, Bridget and a few of the teens. My favorite detail was the construction paper goatees we made for photos. Dan swears he didn't know about the party and there was a great turnout, so I'll call that a success!

Manda and I wandered around Forest Park Summerfest Saturday afternoon and I was THRILLED to find a little shop with baskets full of old printing blocks. After sitting on the floor of the store and going through every single one we decided to get 4 letter "L" blocks in all different sizes that I'm planning to put in a shadowbox-type frame for the house.

Dan and I headed out to Naperville Saturday evening where we pretended we were back in New Orleans with po' boys and hurricanes at Heaven on Seven for dinner. We strolled around the cute little downtown area where we found a candy shop with my favorite flying saucers, grabbed a drink at the home of my favorite margarita (Ted's Montana Grill) and then met up with my brother-in-law and a ton of his friends for his second bachelor party. Lucky for me, Ryan was more than happy to have me tag along for his guys night, although I was bummed my almost-sister-in-law didn't also make it out.

Dan and I spent the majority of Sunday cleaning the house, running errands and installing an air conditioner in an upstairs window so we can sleep comfortably again. We quickly learned this morning that the AC cannot be on at the same time as the clothes steamer, and a couple of blown fuses later here we are starting the week off at work. It's Dan's last full week at his current job and I'm working on my first pitch without my boss, so it's bound to be busy!

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment