1 Cakes & Louie: It's my birthday and I'll wish if I want to

Friday, July 13, 2012

It's my birthday and I'll wish if I want to

The most exciting day of the year (not really) is coming up in just a few short weeks my friends. That's right - I'm turning the big 3-0!! And honestly, I'm pretty darned excited about it. I'll be spending the weekend with my best friends in Dixon, IL at a camping musicfest with Mumford & Sons and several other bands and I. Can't. Wait. 

To pass the time before the birthday extravaganza, I decided to do one of my favorite things - online shopping. I didn't actually purchase anything (so proud of myself), but instead made myself a wish list of sorts to share on this little blog of mine. You know, for when the hubby starts thinking about what fabulous things to get me for the big day ;). So, enjoy. And don't ever tell me I'm hard to shop for.




1&2. Baggu bags (Duck Bag in sailor stripe - $24 and Zip Pouch in platinum - $20). Tell me that striped beauty doesn't look like the PERFECT take-anywhere bag. I'm pretty much positive it would go with every outfit and every season. And the little zip pouch is what one of my favorite bloggers refers to as "perfect for the essentials". Plus, it looks shiny and soft, so that's an added bonus.

3. Gold Star Edible Glitter - $8. Imagine a cupcake. With frosting. And EDIBLE GLITTERY STARS. Um, yes please. 

4. Tiffany Infinity Necklace - $250. I KNOW Dan is rolling his eyes at me right this second as he reads this (hi honey!) But let's just get real for a second. I have been looking for the perfect everyday necklace for, oh, about 10 years. And I am 110% sure that this is it. To start, it's gorgeous. And I absolutely love that it doesn't have a typical dangly charm since I think that style actually tends to look a little odd on me. I also love that the chain is slightly thicker than the norm, which to me means that this would look amazing with most any outfit - including dressing up my usual tshirt and jeans without even trying. The perfect gift for a milestone bday? I think so.

5. TOMS Classic Canvas Slip-On in Gray - $43.95. I'm pretty sure I'm the only girl I know without a pair of TOMS. And for every pair purchased, a pair is given to a kid in need. Cute shoes + a good deed? Win-win in my book.

6. Design*Sponge at Home - $22.43. This blog is bananas amazing. Pretty sure that means the book would be as well. (I've actually flipped through it several times in-store. It really does look phenomenal.)

7. Benefit Cosmetics Ooh La Lift - $22. People that actually know how to apply makeup (not me) rave about this stuff. And as much as I love my super simple 5-minute routine in the mornings, the area under my eyes literally skews purple when I'm sleepy (which is always), and could use some serious help.

8. Clarisonic Mia - $119. I've talked here about my obnoxiously sensitive acne-prone skin in the past, and I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Clarisonic for skincare in general, regardless of type. I hate how after I wash my face, my toner still swipes off a ton of dirt and makeup, which is proof that my fingers or a washcloth just don't cut it. A good friend swears the Clarisonic gets every little bit of every little thing off, and leaves your skin super soft in the end. 

What's on your wish list? Anyone else have a big birthday coming up yet this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment