1 Cakes & Louie: Lately

Friday, September 7, 2012

Lately

I've got good reason for being MIA the last week - we spent the glorious extra long holiday weekend away in Charleston for the fabulous wedding of our friends Bev and Randy! We had so. much. fun. Perhaps even a little too much, hehe.

We had to walk outside to get to our tiny plane from Chicago to Charleston. For someone who dislikes flying just a tad (that'd be me), this was completely distracting and sent me into a bit of a panic. The chick in front of Dan in the fedora and white pants looks like she does this all the time, all stylish and walking out to her private jet at 8am. I was in leggings and a cardigan and on the verge of tears. Womp.


We decided to stay in Charleston and see the sights for an extra couple days. After a rough morning-after-the-wedding we finally dragged ourselves out of bed to check out Folly Beach. SO glad we went - the fresh air was just what we both needed!


Back home and at work, I got an email from West Elm about a book signing at the Lincoln Park location with one of my favorite bloggers, Oh Joy! My work pal Stacey and I headed over there and I ended my evening at home flipping through my newly signed book with a bowl of Cheerios.


Last night, Bridget and I headed to Target to grab sets of the limited edition Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup cans. They're already sitting pretty on top of our newly-painted cabinets in the kitchen.


What are your plans for the weekend? Mine is shaping up to be pretty low-key, and I'm certainly looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment