1 Cakes & Louie: Underfoot

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Underfoot

Guess what? I took advantage of a 75% off Cyber Monday sale and finally finally finally ordered two rugs I've been drooling over for a year!


Rugs are one of those things that just cost too much for me to talk myself (and the hubs) into more often than not. Currently, we have a 5x8 foot gorgeous rug from Pottery Barn in our living room, a big plain off-white one in our bedroom that we got at Target for less than $100, and $25 Ikea rugs in our extra bedroom and office. In other words, rugs aren't really something we've put a whole lot of time, thought or money into before. While I completely agree that a good rug could be something worth investing in for some people, we just don't have the money to drop on one from the places I usually see nice ones at - West Elm, Layla & Grace, Crate & Barrel, etc. And, knowing that we have a rowdy dog, lots of foot traffic and future kids that will spill, we're not willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a rug. 

So, I've been watching sales on RugsUSA.com for over a year since I fell in love with both of the patterns seen above. The site is pretty much always running a sale of some sort, but the percentage off varies week to week and holiday to holiday. I thought for awhile that Black Friday or Cyber Monday might be a good sale, and thankfully - I was right! The site provided a code for a whopping 75% off regular prices (which are already fairly reasonable compared to other sites), and last night I finally convinced myself and Dan to take the plunge and place an order!

Our new 7'6"x9'6" charcoal gray trellis rug will go in the living room, and I'm hoping the larger size will help to ground the room overall better than the 5x8 that's in there now. And, while the darker color will likely require more vacuuming up of Louie's hair, I'm also hoping it will help hide spots better than the current lighter pattern. I'm really excited for something that's a little more grown-up and modern in the space that we spend most of our time in.

And our new 7'10"x10'10" light blue chevron rug will go in our bedroom. I know some people are over the chevron trend, but to me it's a timeless yet fun pattern that's easily paired with other colors, patterns and pieces, so I continue to love it. With the discount code, this huge rug cost a measly $88! I'm insanely pumped about the crazy affordable price, and hope that this new piece will help kick us back into gear with our bedroom makeover. We've talked about tackling the painting over the holidays, I still want to DIY a big starburst mirror, and I'm itching to hang some of our favorite wedding photos on the walls.

Needless to say, I can't wait for either of our new rugs to ship. Photos to come when they arrive! Anyone else score any amazing Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals?

No comments:

Post a Comment