1 Cakes & Louie: Monogram

Monday, February 11, 2013

Monogram

I fell in love with monogram necklaces long ago, when the scripty beauties started to pop up on celebrities and bloggers alike. To my disappointment (but not to my surprise), the necklaces tend to run pretty pricey, and given that I tend to wear basically the same jewelry day after day, it wasn't something I wanted to spend a lot on.

So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled on Eliza Jay Charm's Etsy shop last month and saw that she offered a few different styles of monogram necklaces for less than $30! And, hers are cut from acrylic rather than a metal, which is 100% more my style and if you ask me - also way more fun.

I emailed Elizabeth to ask about how my initials might look with her designs and she responded within hours with mockups in a couple different fonts. I was so grateful for her willingness to do this as I quickly realized that my initials created a giant gap in a block font, but looked fabulous in a script font. A couple weeks later, I finally settled on tortoise color acrylic and a gold plated chain, and once I placed my order I couldn't believe how quickly I received the finished necklace. Needless to say, I am in love.


I would highly recommend Eliza Jay Charm to anyone looking for a fun take on these popular necklaces. She also offers cufflinks, earrings and other items, so I'm pretty certain I'll look to her shop for gift ideas in the future!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete