1 Cakes & Louie: Vegas, Baby

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vegas, Baby

It's official. We're going to Vegas!!! I've been saying I wanted to go to Vegas since I was 21, and I've been trying to talk Dan into it since we met, so needless to say - I am SUPER excited about this trip. Our sister in law wanted to go for her golden birthday this May, and somehow, someway, everything came together and everyone is able to go! I've got big plans to soak up some sun, take in a couple of shows with my awesome father in law, try a few top restaurants and see if I have absolutely any luck with a little gambling. I. Can't. Wait.

Considering I usually make it to a pool or lake an average of two times a year, I don't really have a really great swimsuit, and since I work inside all day my breezy summer wardrobe is minimal. I do have some great pieces that I snatched on clearance at the end of the season last year, but I'm definitely looking to grab the perfect sun hat and perhaps for the first time ever, I am genuinely excited about swimsuit shopping!

Here's my little Vegas inspiration board -


Clockwise from top left:
Forever 21 sun hat  |  Coach sunglasses (mine are prescription - some of the best money I've ever spent on myself)  |  Forever 21 sheer maxi  |  bareMinerals sunscreen  |  Target Mossimo thong sandals  |  Victoria's Secret mix & match bikini  |  We Hope You Like This Song book  |  Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20  |  Coach clutch (similar)


And, spoiler alert - The hubs and I will be spending a couple of days in the Grand Canyon just the two of us at the front end of our trip as well! I'm honestly even more excited about that than I am about Vegas. I've wanted to go to the Grand Canyon since I was a kid, and I'm giddy just thinking about seeing it all with my own eyes and not just in photos online. Since necessities for long hikes are a little different than floating around in a pool or taking in the Vegas strip at night, I'll be back with another little roundup for the Grand Canyon tomorrow, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment