1 Cakes & Louie: Two.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Two.


At this exact time two years ago, I was probably throwing up.

I did that a lot the morning of our wedding. I did it until Bridget finally said "Screw it, you're not eating today. Take another xanax and let's start on bouquets. You can try some more gatorade later." I love my bestie.

The hubs likes to tell people that I puked the morning of our wedding because my body was rejecting the idea of marrying him. I like to tell him how wrong he is - my body was so overly excited about marrying him that it didn't know what to do, and we all know that when my body gets thrown off in even the tiniest way possible, all hell breaks loose. Usually that results in throwing up, hence the need for xanax on my wedding day to calm myself the F down.

While that might sound like a recipe for disaster and not the best day ever, I'm happy to report to everyone that it was just that - the best day of my life, the beginning of my life really if you look at it in a good and sentimental way.

And here we are two years later. I could not be more blessed to have Dan as my better half (and believe me, he is definitely my better half). We have some high hopes for the coming year and I can't wait to see where it all leads us. It's gonna be a good one.

Happy two cakes. I love you more than I did yesterday.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
And if this crazy world spins itself down to dust, I want to be with you in the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment