1 Cakes & Louie: Wish List: Drink Service

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wish List: Drink Service

Confession time: I go on craigslist at least twice a day just to do a search for "bar cart" and see what pops up. I've wanted a brass or gold bar cart for AGES, and I used to just search for one randomly online or if I was at a flea market, but then my dream cart popped up on craigslist and I missed out... hence the overly cautious several times a day checks now.

While I love the idea of a vintage cart, there's just not a whole lot out there in a price range I'm willing to go for. Often times, the carts people are selling on craigslist hit well over $300, and given that we aren't REALLY big drinkers at all and this is solely a pretty and stylish purchase and not a necessary one, I'm just not going to spend that kind of money on it.

And then I saw a new pin from my mecca, and I just might be over wanting a real vintage piece, because this baby is pretty well near perfect if you ask me.


Ooooh. Ahhhhh.

At $129, Target's version of the classic (brass!) bar cart is a steal compared to others. I'd probably swap the wood panels out for glass or mirror, and throw a few bright accessories on there to style it. But see those gold confetti decanters on the bottom shelf that are totally reminiscent of something from Kate Spade? Yeah, I want those too. And given that they're crazy affordable and I don't actually own a decanter, I'm thinking I'll go ahead and order one just as soon as I can! 

What do you think of the new Target entertaining collection? Clearly, I'm a fan!

1 comment: