1 Cakes & Louie: DIY Memories

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DIY Memories

I spotted a "designed recipe" on a blog ages ago, pinned it, and promised myself I would find the time to do something similar with my late grandma's infamous top secret cheesecake recipe someday. I'm not sure what hit me, but this Christmas I finally decided it was time to get it done, and thanks to the billions of free fonts I've downloaded over the years I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I framed a print for my dad for Christmas and also gave a copy to my aunt and uncle. A third copy is framed on my kitchen cart, and I love how it makes me think of my grandma and smile every time I see it. I was pretty flattered that our realtor told me "do NOT pack that away - it's beautiful and needs to stay out for showings!" And since I really am proud of how it turned out, I wanted to post it here.

Here's the thing though - I'm not kidding when I say this recipe is top secret. My aunt is the keeper of the recipe and has a rule that you don't get a copy of it until you own a house. Needless to say, when she handed me a little index card with the recipe on it 5 years ago in this little home of ours, THAT was when I felt like a true homeowner. So, since the recipe is super top secret, I changed a bunch of the ingredients to absolutely ridiculous amounts in the version I'm posting here. I know, I know, that's a little bit cruel, but if you have any secret recipes in your family I'm sure you understand! And if you don't, well then let me know when you want to visit and I'll make the cheesecake for you with the real ingredient list. But until then, DO NOT try and make this at home. I have no doubts it would be an absolute disaster.


If you have a family recipe that you'd like designed, please get in touch to discuss pricing. I truly enjoyed putting this together for my family and would love to design more of them in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment